Guest Services, Inc. in now hiring Parks & Trails Workers for the upcoming Winter Season at Giants Ridge Resort in Biwabik, MN!
Schedule: Seasonal. Part-time and Full-time opportunities available!
Assists in the construction, inspection and maintenance of all freestyle terrain features, terrain parks, and recreational trail systems. Provides input to Management and the Terrain Park Builder regarding design, layout, construction and maintenance of freestyle features, parks and trails. Perform other tasks, as
- Performs a variety of trail maintenance tasks, including: shoveling, raking, tamping, carrying, lifting, hiking and cutting.
- Uses hand tools including: rakes, shovels, Pulaski axes, McLeod tools, chain saws, hand saws, pole saws, loppers and hammers.
- Utilizes 1Risk software to document inspections and maintenance tasks.
- Prepares terrain parks, features and trail systems for public use before the scheduled opening time each day.
- Conducts ongoing maintenance of the various recreational trail systems, parks and features.
- Communicates as necessary to ensure management and guests are adequately informed of changing conditions and closures.
- Works under the direction of the Parks and Trails Supervisor and the Terrain Park Builder to build, maintain and document according to industry best practices and company policies.
- Contributes to park layout and terrain feature design ideas.
- Assists in conducting investigations of any park or trail related incidents.
- Assists in developing new events, as well as in the production of existing special events from concept to completion under the direction of the Parks and Trails Supervisor.
- Clears trail systems of garbage and other debris.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Must possess valid Class D driver’s license.
- Must have knowledge of the Freestyle Terrain Notebook or the ability to gain such knowledge.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions effectively.
- Must have a strong level of physical fitness suitable to perform physically demanding work.
- Must be able to ski or snowboard at an intermediate level or above.
- Must be able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
- Ability to safely operate snowmobiles and all-terrain vehicles on difficult uneven terrain.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, shovel, rake and engage in repetitive pushing and pulling motions.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.