Boating in DC, a division of Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Rowing Coach/Shift Lead at our Thompson Boathouse location in DC! Qualified candidates will have several years of rowing experience, a strong ability to lead teams, and flexible availability. The ideal candidate will also be highly organized, articulate, and reliable.
If you enjoy working near water and love working with people, apply today!!
Schedule: Full-time Hours. Days/Times are based on business needs
Location: Thompson Boat Center - DC
The Rowing Coach is responsible for instructing proper technique and skill for rowing. Instructional programs are for both adults and youth. There is also the opportunity to instruct adaptive rowing in the future.
Desired Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to speak to a large group with confidence and enthusiasm
- Effective teaching and communication skills
- Desire to share passion for the water sport
- Previous experience as a rower or coxswain
- Ability to memorize facts and routines
- Endurance to paddle for several hours at one time
- Ability to swim and demonstrate rescue procedures
- First Aid Certified
- Lifeguard Certificate
- US Rowing Certification
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions.
- Working for long hours in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.