Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Guest Services Manager to oversee operations of the Front Desk, Gift Shop, and Package handling. If you have experience in management in a customer oriented environment and are looking for career growth and opportunity, this could be the job for you! Apply now to join our All Star Team!!
The Front Desk Manager oversees the front desk operations, gift shop operations, and package handling, while ensuring overall excellent guest service.
- Receive direction from the Unit Manager and assist in the overall management of the unit’s operations. Assist in planning and developing daily operations for Front Desk operations; forecasting and analyzing sales and revenue, labor, and profit; ensuring compliance with established budget; and scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the front desk staff.
- Respond to guest inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform unit opening and or closing procedures.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s Degree or related customer service experience preferred.
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for reservations.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Reservations system. POS system.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.