Guest Services, Inc. is seeking Dock Hands for the winter season at our Everglades location! If you are comfortable around water and have experience around boats, apply now!
Employee Housing Available!
The Dockhand is responsible for assisting with all marina services offered, quality control, and cash handling procedures; maintains a clean and safe dock area, assists boaters with fueling, and secures guests’ boats.
- Fuel boats while maintaining a safe environment, following appropriate procedures and guidelines.
- Pump out boats.
- Maintain Marina maintenance, such as cleaning, weeding, removing trash, organizing, and ordering supplies.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests, while directing customer issues to supervisor or unit manager.
- Assist with docking of boats.
- Identify items and corresponding cost of items and tabulate bills using cash register, calculator, or other price equipment.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credit, or change due to customers accurately.
- Maintain cash register and contents within.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to swim or be willing to wear personal flotation device while on duty.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently working in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- All dock equipment and materials (gas pump, boats, ropes, anchors, among others).
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.