Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring SnowSports Instructors for the winter season at Giants Ridge Resort in Biwabik! SnowSports Instructors provide quality ski/snowboard lessons to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while maintaining all rules and regulations and company policy. If you have no experience that’s OK! We will teach you how to become a great instructor!
- Maintaining highest level of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude with varying winter weather conditions.
- Verbally and physically teach students on assigned level of skiing or snowboarding.
- Ensuring students are equipped with proper equipment.
- Assisting guest with transportation of equipment and loading and unloading the chairlift.
- Ability to work with guest at all ages and abilities.
- Be tentative when working with children and ensuring their safety.
- Attend ski and snowboarding training sessions.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS/Preferred
- Basic knowledge of skiing and/or snowboarding
- PSIA/AASI Level 1, 2 or 3 certification, or willingness to work towards certification
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum age for instructors is 16 (assistants age 14+)
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand cold and wet weather.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- SnowSports equipment
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.