Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Relief Chef Manager for a government client in the Northern Virginia area. Qualified candidate will have management experience in a food service environment and be flexible to work in multiple locations. Apply now to join our All Star team!
The Relief Manager takes the lead of the operation in absence of the General Manager to cultivate a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while directing the management team and ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Relief Manager is responsible for all aspects of unit operations and floor management, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives.
- Assume full responsibility for the unit in absence of the General Manager.
- Respond to customer service interactions in a professional and timely manner and troubleshoot any problems- achieving positive resolutions.
- Schedule staffing levels and management coverage appropriately to meet the needs of the business and maximize the customer experience.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment. Ensure compliance with all applicable occupational, health, and safety regulations and laws.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and cash control.
- Promote good employee morale. Leads and influences staff through effective motivation, leveraging individual strengths to ensure customer satisfaction and maximum productivity.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Associate’s degree in business management or related field preferred.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
- Ability to problem solve.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Knowledge of Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, Cash Registers/POS systems, and Utensils.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.