We are looking for a Porter/Maintenance person with experience in Class A High Rise and Luxury Condos! The ideal candidate will have experience in basic maintenance, housekeeping, and general repair work. Come join a great team with above average wages and benefits at Guest Services, Inc
The porter/maintenance person performs tasks related to the cleanliness of the interior and exterior of the building, assists in general tasks assigned by management, and performs general housekeeping and light maintenance tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and organization of the facility. In addition, the Porter is responsible for cleaning floors, glass doors/windows, common area bathrooms, guest suites, hallways and stairwells.
- Assist in errands assigned by management.
- Assist in the proper movement, placement, care, and storage of cleaning supplies and maintenance supplies.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Assist in preparing trash bins and recycle bins for pick up.
- Clean floor area of kitchen, common areas, bathrooms and hallways
- Load and unload of inventory from trucks. Stock storeroom.
- Maintain the kitchen, meeting rooms, hallways, trash rooms and stairwells in clean and orderly condition at all times by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, emptying trash, wiping counters and equipment in order to maintain a clean facility and to meet mandated health compliance requirements.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 30 lbs. regularly, 40 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Works in wet and slippery conditions.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Maintenance items
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, mops, brooms, hand towels, etc.).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.