Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a friendly, outgoing Host/Hostess to greet and seat customers in the restaurant located at Bear Mountain Inn in Bear Mountain, NY. The ideal candidate will be flexible, service oriented, and reliable. Apply today!
The Host/Hostess is the first employee to interact with the customers. The Host/Hostess is responsible for welcoming and seating all arriving customers into the establishment and ensuring that they are comfortable.
- A desire to learn about hospitality industry
- Must act in a mature and sophisticated manor with elegance, warmth and poise
- Must have an appreciation of fine food & wine
- Must have the ability to multitask and a strong attention to detail
- Previous experience in a fine-dining restaurant
RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes but not limited to):
- Field all phone calls for the restaurant
- Seating Guests
- Input and maintain all reservations within reservation system
- Organize all guest notes upon arrival and maintain notes when arrive
- Manage coat check
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.