Dock Staff and Cashier
Closing Date: Oct. 12, 2018
|Division:||Boating In DC|
All Counties in |
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity? Do you enjoy spending your time by the water? Are you responsible? If your answer is yes, apply now!
Boating In DC, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a self-motivated, relaible, and responsible Dock Staff and Cashier to join our team!
Location: Thompson Boathouse
To assist rental customers and boating season pass members in and out of non-motorized boats (e.g. kayaks, canoes, pedal boat) and utilize the point of sale. Assist in supervision of the water to ensure safe boating operations.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide superior customer service to all customers
- Assisting customers in and out of boats
- Operating the point of sale system for customer check in/check out process
- Site and boat cleaning / maintenance
- Supervision of on the water activities
- Setup and assist instructors with groups
- Other duties as required
- Working weekend and holiday hours required
- Red Cross CPR and First Aid or Equivalent (can be trained by company after hired)
- Customer Service skills
- Basic knowledge of boating such as kayaking, standup paddleboard, canoes etc.
- Listening Skills
- Teaching Skills
- USSailing, ACA Certifications
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid or Equivalent
- Lifeguard Certification
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
Activity Approximate %
Standing > 2 Hours 80%
Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
View More Jobs