Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Communications Specialist to join our Corporate IT team!
The IT TeleCommunications Support Specialist is responsible for assisting and supporting all GSI locations with securing internet/Wi-Fi connectivity, telephone service and dealing with issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Analyze communications costs for GSI locations in order to recommend cost saving measures
- Responsible for project management and troubleshooting of network/wifi and telephone operations throughout the company.
- Document communications/network/wifi connectivity, and other documentation as assigned.
- Monitor operational performance and troubleshoot communication problems. Isolate the cause of communication failures and resolve.
- Interact with various outside support and sales organizations.
- Handle Help Desk calls (After-Hours Help Desk Rotation required) and log all calls and work into Help Desk Support System
- Perform PC hardware, operating system, and software installation, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting, repairs, one-on-one training, telephone support and similar activities with little or no direct supervision. Recommend and schedule/perform routine maintenance, repairs and upgrades to PCs and laptop computers.
- Assist in developing, implementing, performing computer configuration standards and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- College degree in Business Management or Information Science, or equivalent skill gained through experience coupled with 3+ years of experience in systems support, networking, and project management.
- Knowledge of internet connectivity/telephone systems.
- Understanding of Windows networking concepts
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work independently, with a significant degree of creativity and latitude, as well as in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing/connectivity areas.
- Knowledge of Windows operating system and related support practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel locally and nationally to units on a regular basis.
- Ability to sit or stand and use a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
- Typical office equipment (computers, multi-extension phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.