JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Guest Services, Inc. is currently recruiting an energetic, junior graphic design intern with 1-3 years of experience to produce a wide range of digital and print content, including event promotional material (i.e., signage, handouts and other leave behind collateral), meeting-related templates and shells, advertisements, infographs, social media and web graphics and other marketing materials, as directed. The position is focused on supporting the growth of our business with a heavy emphasis on design and production via print and digital marketing as well as creating customer-interfacing materials and tools.
- Must have working knowledge with logos and branding
- Must ensure quality standards are maintained when producing artwork
- Communicate delays or problems that might keep a specific art from being completed
- Provide assistance for sales, production, and the marketing team with design and production
- Serve as a liaison with print vendors and assisting in maintaining budgets (i.e., price quotes and estimates)
- Attention to detail and strong grammatical skills
- Strong organizational skills and must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be a flexible team player who is detail-oriented and able to meet and exceed deadlines daily
- Strong sense of teamwork is greatly desired for this position
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Working knowledge with Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Degree in graphic design or fine arts, or an equivalent combination of education and previous work experience preferred
- An ability to copy edit would be an added bonus
- Must be creative, passionate, and artistic
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams and with all levels of staff
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute on several assignments at the same time
- Excellent written and communication skills
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Continually interacts with and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 30 lbs. occasionally, up to 60 lbs. seldom.
Hourly/15-20-hours per week. School credit required for this position.
Please send resume, cover letter, and link to online portfolio
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.