Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Prep/Grill Cook for one of our DC locations! Apply now if you are a food service professional looking for your next opportunity! The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable, motivated, and reliable!
This position comes with several benefits including:
- Monday - Friday schedule
- Full time hours
- No Weekends! Very few nights!
- Benefits for you and your family!
- Paid time off and Paid holidays
~Eligible candidates must have US Citizenship be able to pass a federal background check~
The Prep Cook assists the Cook by preparing ingredients, keeping the kitchen clean and orderly, and by performing some of the simpler cooking functions as assigned according to the menu.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintain foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing production waste
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule
- Adhere to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
- Assist at all other kitchen stations as and when needed
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Able to competently and efficiently prep food including cutting fruits, vegetable, and meats with easy and accuracy
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of or be able to learn culinary terms and practices; able to prepare basic items by following recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.