Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? Stehekin Valley’s, picturesque lake and breathtaking mountains truly have a magical effect.
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply below!
The Line Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment and appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional operation
- Operate several food stations, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances based on estimates of future needs
- Adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
- Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Sample, smell, and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and taste and appearance standards
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
- Be prepared and willing to work at any and all other kitchen positions as needed
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to competently cook at several kitchen stations; able to complete all Cook 1 tasks with easy and accuracy
- Six months culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; national park experience strongly preferred
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of culinary terms and practices; able to prepare many items “from scratch” and follow recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove, steel mesh, mitts
Accessible only by boat, plane or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. While there is no road access to Stehekin, there is roughly 22 miles of existing road and shuttle bus service is available. A few cars and old trucks are around, barged in over the years. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well. You will feel right at home in our tight knit little family of employees and it will be a summer you’ll never forget
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.