Guest Services, Inc. currently manages the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Ashland, VA. We are hiring a Front Desk Agent to join our All-Star Team!
Schedule: varies based on business needs; candidates must have flexible availability to include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays
The Front Desk Agent must have the ability to perform all desk agent functions including checking guests in and out, reservations, and switchboard.
- Provide administrative, reception and program support to management and staff.
- Manage phone activity including providing general knowledge to callers.
- Manage walk-in traffic. Sign in customers as needed. Smile and greet customers in a welcoming manner.
- Register and assign rooms to guests.
- Provide quotes for room rates and up-sell the guest when possible.
- Assist in coordinating the Front Desk and the Housekeeping Department.
- Verify that the correct charges and credits are posted to the corresponding guest folio. Collect payment for charges on the guest folio.
- Ensure all cash and cash equivalents are accounted for and balanced at the beginning and end of each work shift.
- Responds to guest inquiries.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refer the matter to the management.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma preferred. Minimum of at least 16 years of age.
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate schedules for reservations.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.