The Starters are integral to the guest experience and are important staff members on the golf operations team. Starters will provide guest services by guiding players to the first tee at appropriate times and controlling a smooth pace of play on the golf course. They will also provide other guest services in the form of communication, directions, advice and answer questions from guests on other topics related to the golf course.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Must have a valid driver’s license (if driving golf cars or driving range equipment)
• Must have a strong work ethic
• Must have friendly personality and enjoy working with the public
• Organized, able to work well in fast paced environment
• Must have strong customer/guest orientation
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be dependable
• Knowledge about the game of golf preferred
• Maintain professional appearance
• Provides information regarding the golf course, play time and other golf related issues
• Provides customer service to arriving guests to help expedite check-in process
• Verifies that all revenues have been properly recorded by inspecting receipts for all players before they begin play on the golf course
• Keeps golf shop personnel informed regarding pace of play off the first tee
• Supplies guests with scorecards, pencils and other items if needed
• Advises guests of course conditions and expected pace of play
• Implement and support all course policies and programs as communicated by management
• Perform other duties as assigned
• While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with arms and hands.
• The employee often is required to walk, stand, talk or hear, handle, feel or operate objects.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
• The employee will occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards
• Noise level is moderately quiet
• Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
• Work weekends and holidays
- This position is anticipated to work an average of 1 hour to 29 hours per week.