Peforms skilled work in the repair and maintenance of heavy equipment, including: ski area aerial lifts, surface lifts, tows and conveyors and related ski area equipment. May also assist in the repair of facility vehicles.
- Perform routine maintenance program for all lift equipment and record repairs
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of lift equipment or vehicles either in the shop or in the field.
- Rebuild or repair diesel, gas, and hydraulically powered equipment
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual inspection programs to meet the ski industry and the manufacturers recommendations and regulations. Interpret chairlift diagrams and manufacturer's manuals.
- Perform general welding and cutting with torches.
- Operate all equipment, know their safety aspects, and act as an equipment operator fill-in as needed.
- Assist in field as directed by Director of Facilities/Mountain Operations and Mountain Manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
This individual must possess technical skills in troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, chairlift, surface lift and tow rope equipment. Must be proficient in the use of repair tools, testing equipment, and welding equipment. Must have good understanding of diesel engines, gas engines, transmission, brakes, electrical and hydraulics. Must have a good understanding of various regulations governing the operation of a maintenance facility as they relate to hazardous materials disposal, safe operation of equipment, and proper storage of flammable materials. Software proficiency such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and additional computer skills as necessary. Ability to communicate clearly with supervisors and staff to troubleshoot major equipment problems. Keep abreast of factory updates and service bulletins. Determine when to re-use various parts if in good and safe condition.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Basic knowledge of ski area operations.
- Must possess valid Class D drivers license
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs. Occasionally move up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, on uneven and rough terrain in extreme weather conditions. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to climb and work at heights of 10-60 feet with safety gear in all weather conditions.
- Ability to speak, read and write work-related documents in English.
- Ability to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Ability to work in extremes of heat, cold, snow, ice and wind.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays when required.
- Typical ski area and related equipment. (Hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, computer, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.