We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for our operation at Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, NY.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of the unit's operations.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
- Perform routine to complex cleaning of pools, spas, and other water features around the unit. Maintain records of cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of the hotel.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility's equipment. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Bachelor's or Business Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of hotel maintenance experience.
- Strong technical knowledge/background in HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.