Guest Services, Inc. is hiring Divisional Executive Chef to work for a large multi location client in Northern Virginia.
The Ideal Candidate Will...
- Have a strong culinary background
- Enjoy creating new menus and recipes
- Have great client and customer service skills
- Have strong leadership qualities
***A requirement of this position is that you are a US Citizen. Governement clearance is a plus!***
The Division Chef position will supervise culinary operations and initiatives in a designated area. The Area Chef must be prepared to spend up to 75% in local travel, and will also be expected to provide support to other businesses in the area when needed. Prior experience supporting culinary development/new business openings, as well as managing multi-units and/or large geographic areas are a plus.
- Assist in reviewing and approving designated menus as assigned by the Corporate Executive or Divisional Chef to ensure they satisfy standards in preparation, presentation, storage, purchasing and inventory controls, safety and sanitations and costs with company approved standards/guidelines.
- Plan and develop menus, and forecast portion specifications to unit/division. Analyze and cost food items. Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Manage the culinary management in a designated area. Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, and direct the culinary staff.
- Control culinary expenses. Actively seek cost-saving measures for culinary production in the assigned division and company.
- Assist in researching, analyzing, and developing new food concepts, promotions, merchandising, and recipes in concert with the respective company division initiatives and industry trends in order to meet customer expectations.
- Direct the preparation of food for the unit when needed.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary or Associate’s degree in food service or related field.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
- Ability to problem solve.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job sites is essential to perform job duties.
- Ability to travel between many units within a geographic area.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others.).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.