Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a passionate and talented Sous Chef to join our wonderful team in Washington, DC.
SCHEDULE: 5:00 AM - 3:00 PM, M- F, NO WEEKENDS
The Sous Chef is the direct management assistant to the Chef and is second in command in the kitchen. The Sous Chef prepares foods for service according to assignment by the Chef and General Manager. The Sous Chef must also assist in planning, direction and control to all employees within the unit; to achieve operating and financial goals, to ensure food quality, and to meet client objectives and/or customer needs.
- Assist in planning and developing menus, and forecasting portion specifications to unit. Analyze and cost food items. Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, and directing the culinary staff.
- Control expenses. Determine food and supply needs for unit. Maintain inventory control of food and supplies.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in the culinary work of the unit to ensure proper production, distribution of assignments, and prompt and efficient preparation of foods. Ensure food quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected need.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary or Associate's degree in food service or related field preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
- Ability to problem solve.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.