Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a driven, detail oriented Event Planner to join our incredible team!
- Manage the coordination of local office events relating to educational client forums, seminars, trade shows, social events, or other networking opportunities for local offices and practice groups.
- Develop a plan and coordinate quarterly and yearly events (e.g., office socials, holiday events, the Summer Picnic, Administrative Professionals Day, etc.) and other office activities.
- Research and select venues, pricing and amenities for outside events.
- Serve as the key liaison for outside facilities, AV providers and caterers for specific events. Direct outside vendors for applicable setup, supplies and event coordination.
- Attend meetings and events to ensure proper coordination, and serve as representative to the firm.
- Maintain detailed records for each event including attendance, expense and budget information.
- Anticipate and execute full event planning details with internal and external contacts (i.e., conference room coordination, registration desk, nametags, food and beverages, room setup and accessories, client gifts, audio/visual needs, etc.).
- Ability to negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Assemble event planning information for discussion.
- Develop project task lists and timelines for events and the associated planning process. Coordinate with the graphics team to create invitations and ensure they are distributed and responses are tracked.
- Coordinate photography of events and upload pictures to share with the office.
- Follow up after events to obtain and document event feedback from the applicable departments or practice groups.
- Provide support and monitor webcast presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Technical skills
- Written communication skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning/organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
- Ability to read and interpret general business documents, instructions and manuals, write routine business correspondence, and speak effectively with employees, clients, and vendors
- Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts)
- Ability to solve practical problems, dealing with a variety of variables where little standardization exists
- Ability to interface with clients and all levels of Practice Group and Office Management
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.