Oversee preparation of records of shipment and bills of lading for trucks and trailers. Helps oversee Drivers and continues to help train and prepare new drivers for Lancaster routes. Reports to Transportation Manager. This is an exempt level management position.
NO Recruiters Please
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Route vehicles for loading by examining items to be shipped, destination, route, rate and time of shipment and overall time and distance of route.
- Ship items by verifying content, quantity and condition of items. Utilize the current driving software system to ensure our drivers are maintaining hours of service and are routed properly.
- Communicate with buyer(s) on a daily basis.
- Safeguard warehouse/driver operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- With the Transportation Manager, arrange monthly driver meetings. Coordinate schedules and plan agenda.
- Keep up to date with State Taxes, truck fuel and mileage.
- Manage the OTR/Regional process.
- Ensure Drivers are providing quality customer service by monitoring our current systems.
- Conduct Annual performance reviews for yard jockeys. . Responsible for hiring, and documenting employee performance. Makes recommendation with Transportation Manager and other Managers regarding the status of an employee or candidate.
- In absence of Transportation Manager, take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Assist other managers as needed.
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- CDL A or B Experience is desired
- A minimum of five years of related experience. At least three years of driver trainer experience is required.
- A minimum of one to three years experience routing in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills. UPS Logistics Roadnet, or XATA knowledge, or similar computer routing software is necessary.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of Powered Industrial Equipment.
- Maintain Powered Industrial Certification for lift trucks, pallet jacks and man lifts.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends
Must be able to, with reasonable accommodations, lift and carry up to 75 pounds, work in temperatures, which range from 28-90 degrees, work in a wet, damp and dusty environment, and ability to read/understand warehouse documents.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Steel Toed Shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $50 with a receipt] and your ID badge/timecard.
Scheduled shift out times may vary and will be addressed at the beginning of the shift or as soon as it is known. Due to the shift workload, the employee may be sent home earlier or later than scheduled. All efforts will be made by management to notify the employee as early as possible regarding the shift change. It is the responsibility of the employee to make any necessary adjustments to accommodate the shift change.
In the event a Lancaster Salaried Employee is unable to make a key decision, their immediate supervisor or their Director will step in as needed.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.