Giants Ridge, managed by Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Dining Room Supervisor to bring innovation as well as Food Service management experience to the our, already incredible team!
The Dining Room Supervisor assists the Food and Beverage Director in all aspects of floor management, including food, beverage, equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Dining Room Supervisor assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a consistently high level. The Dining Room Supervisor also works towards motivating employees, instilling accountability, and achieving results to drive success in the position.
- Receive direction from the Food and Beverage Director and assist in the overall management assigned. Assist in planning and developing daily operations of the bar and resteraunt. Assists in scheduling, supervising, and participating in the operational duties specific to the unit.
- Schedule daily work assignments for all dining room and bar personnel, assigning specific jobs and spot checking to ensure standards are met.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the dining room staff.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform opening and/or closing management procedures.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of dining room area and wait stations, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Food and Beverage Director of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/GED preferred. Bachelor’s or Business Degree preferred.
- At least 1 years of experience in related management required.
- Food Safety Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with the employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils (pots and pans, fryers, stove, among others), and typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.