Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a reliable and energetic Assistant Director of Dining Services to join our team!
The Assistant Director of Dining Services is responsible for the daily coordination and operation of The Healthcare Food Service program. He/she controls the flow of information and paperwork through The Chateau Dietary Department.
- Implements work standards, sanitation procedures, hygiene and safety standards in accordance with local, State and Federal regulations in areas of responsibility, ensuring that department policies, procedures and objectives are followed.
- Develops and implements written dietary service objectives and procedures. Sets up standards of practice with procedures for implementation.
- Helps to maintain records and reports related to budget performance for food and supplies.
- Supervises food production, serving correct food to patients/residents, controlling appearance, temperature, portion size, and sanitation.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all dietary department jobs and assists when necessary to assure a smooth operation.
- Works closely with The Director to assure accuracy of menus, production sheets, purchasing and receiving. Assures proper methods of food preparation are utilized to preserve nutrient content.
- Works in coordination with the Director to determine quantities for the purchases of food and supplies, seeking the best sources on the basis of quality, price and service.
- Makes meal rounds and ensures all new admissions are visited.
- Uses computer to input and maintain accurate data and works in coordination with the Registered Dietician to assure that all documentation is done in a timely manner and is completed in accordance to State and Federal regulations.
- Assures tray tickets and production sheets are accurately completed and on schedule.
- Supervises, interviews, hires, trains, disciplines, and evaluates all dietary staff at The Chateau and Orchid Terrace. Prepares and submits all necessary documentation in accordance with company policy.
- Prepares work schedules for The Dietary Department to ensure adequate staffing at all times.
- Conducts and assists with in-service training and education sessions for Dietary staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a minimum of two years in a food service production area such as an assistant or a supervisor in dietetic services at a hospital, skilled nursing facility, or restaurant.
- Staff Supervisory or Management experience a plus.
- Must have or qualify for Florida Certified Professional Food Handlers Card (Serve Safe).
- Must Have of qualify for Accredited Certified Dietary Managers certification
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have basic computer skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Requires continuous mental and visual attention to diversified duties. Must be able to function efficiently despite numerous distractions and interruptions.
- Sits 70%, stands 15% and walks 15% during average day. Does light physical duties requiring lifting and carrying up to 15 pounds. Requires manual coordination to operate computer keyboard and other equipment.
- Exposed to heat and humidity in kitchen, 40 degree temperatures in walk-in refrigerator and 0 degree temperatures in walk-in freezer for extended periods of time, and chemicals used in the workplace.
- Works in nursing home/rehabilitation setting with regular exposure to the chronically ill, confused and frail elderly.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.