Do you want to work for a company that never compromises on values and believes each customer is unique? Do you believe that the customer and the services you and your staff provide are top notch? If so, this position is for you!
Guest Services is seeking a District Manager who has a strong multi-unit foodservice background with high energy, strong leadership ability, and outstanding client relations skills to oversee a multi-unit district and develop additional business. Experience with condominium management is a plus.
Guest Services has been in business since 1917 and has systematically built an outstanding hospitality company based on a firm foundation of great people working with great clients to serve great customers. Come join our team and apply now!
The District Manager leads the unit managers and operations in the assigned district, including overall unit financial performance. The District Manager is responsible for ensuring district-wide customer and client satisfaction.
- Sets goals for the division, while developing organization and structure. Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates key responsibilities and practices to reporting managers to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Manages through unusual events to keep the district operating to the Company's standards.
- Reviews unit environments and key business indicators within the district to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the unit management team to take action and achieve operational goals.
- Develops strategic and operational plans to support execution of division and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results.
- Monitors and manages district-wide management staffing.
- Communicates clearly and accurately to all levels of management in order to ensure effective unit operations.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent; Management, Culinary or Associate's degree in food service or related field strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years multi-unit management or equivalent level position experience with minimum sales volume of $2 million required.
- Previous experience with condominium operations highly desired.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in analyzing financial reports.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve; experience in complex, fast-paced environments; experience in multi-unit environment.
- Working knowledge of the business processes and system development. Strong customer service background.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas; and indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environments.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Ability to travel between different units within a geographic area.
- Knowledge of Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, Cash Registers/POS systems, and Utensils.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others.).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.