Are you looking for a new opportunity? Do you have a supervisory background? Are you dependable and reliable? If you answer is yes, apply now!
Lancaster Food is hiring for a Production Supervisor to our team!
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check, drug test and a reliable transportation.~
The Production Supervisor oversee the processing of substandard quality fruits and vegetables into premium quality either in a repack or fresh cut environment. Coach and motivate line level employees and Crew Leaders.
- Oversee daily operation of production unit.
- Communicate with buyer(s) on a daily basis.
- Check and record all items for shipment utilizing Produce Pro. Maintain order tickets.
- Prepare items for shipment by assembling, packing, protecting and labeling containers.
- Operate food-processing equipment.
- Establish and enforce guidelines for quality, safety and productivity levels.
- Interview, select, train and schedule personnel.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and address/document disciplinary matters as needed
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must observe all GMP’s and SOP’s
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- A minimum of three years of related experience. At least one year of supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills.
- Bi-lingual [English/Spanish] preferred, but not required.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory oral and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Must wear a hairnet, beard net [if applicable], and a white lab coat at all times in the production part of the warehouse.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- ID Badge/timecard and when in the warehouse – steel toed shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $50 with a receipt]
Lancaster Foods offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.