Are you a Certified Dietary Manager who enjoys working with an older population? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? If so, this position may be for you. Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a Certified Dietary Manager to join a our team in a newly created position. Please apply below.
Responsible for the daily operations of food service department according to facility policy and procedures and federal/state regulations. Provides leadership and guidance to ensure that food quality, safety standards, and client expectations are satisfactorily met. Maintains records of department personnel, income and expenditures, food, supplies, inventory levels, and equipment.
FOOD SERVICDE MANAGEMENT
- Specify standards and procedures for preparing food
- Participate in menu planning including responding to client preferences, substitution lists, therapeutic diets, and industry trends
- Inspect meals and assure that standards for appearance, palatability, temperature, and servings times are met
- Manage the preparation and service of special nourishments and supplemental feedings
- Assure that foods are prepared according to production schedules, menus, and standardized recipes
- Assure safe receiving, storage, preparation, and service of food
- Protect food in all phases of preparation, holding, service, cooking, and transportation, using HACCP Guidelines
- Prepare cleaning schedules and maintain equipment to ensure food safety
- Ensure proper sanitation and safety practices of staff
NUTRITION AND MEDICAL THERAPY
- Process new diet orders and diet changes; keeps diet cards updated
- Complete the assigned MDS section according to required timeline
- Determine client diet needs and develop appropriate dietary plans in cooperation with RD and in compliance with physicians’ orders
- Review plan of care related to nutritional status; document concerns that can be resolved, improved or addressed to improve client’s nutritional status and eating function
- Review, revise, and implement, in cooperation with the IDT, the client’s nutrition assessment and plan of care
- Supports Registered Dietitian duties as needed
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university related to the field.
- RD or RDN required.
- Experience working with an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Continuing Care population.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist clients and coworkers. Ability to problem solve.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to job.
- Experience with or nutrition and recipe analysis software (such as ChefTec, Genesis, NutriBase, or CBoard).
- Excellent organizational skills, able to perform under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, scanner, telephone, among others).
- USDA Database
- US Foods procurement system
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.