Are you a Sous Chef looking for to help develop a great team? Do you have fine dining or country club experience Are you looking to work full time a great salary and generous benefits? If so, this position is for you!
We are hiring a strong Sous Chef for an upscale senior living community that has the following qualifications:
- Ready to be accountable for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations in partnership with the Executive Chef?
- Exhibiting your culinary talents while leasing a staff
- Supervise all kitchen areas, direct reports, sanitation all while maintaining the operational budget.
Qualified applicants would be able to operate a kitchen within budgetary needs, have restaurant quality food background & the ability to follow AHCA regulations.
The Sous Chef is the direct management assistant to the Chef and is second in command in the kitchen. The Sous Chef prepares foods for service according to assignment by the Chef and General Manager. The Sous Chef must also assist in planning; giving direction to all employees within the unit, achieve operating and financial goals, ensure food quality, and meet client objectives and customer needs.
- Assist in planning and developing menus, and forecasting portion specifications to unit. Analyze and cost food items. Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, and directing the culinary staff.
- Control expenses. Determine food and supply needs for unit. Maintain inventory control of food and supplies.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in the culinary work of the unit to ensure proper production, distribution of assignments, and prompt and efficient preparation of foods. Ensure food quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected need.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required
- Culinary or Associate\'s degree in food service or related field preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
- Ability to problem solve.
•Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.