Are you looking for a new seasonal opportunity? Do you enjoy guiding groups of campers and team member to a summer of fun and excitement? Do you enjoy being outdoors? If your answer is yes, then this is for you!
Boating in Boston, a division of Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for a Assistant Summer Camp Director to our team.
The Assistant Summer Camp Director is responsible for staff training, camper and counselor supervision, and supporting the Camp Director. Assistant Camp Director reports to the Camp Director.
- Determine staffing requirements, help hire, and train
- Assist with development of lesson plans and staff training
- Provide personal guidance to campers, counselors by leading by
- example, leadership and compassion.
- Be involved with all camp activities and meetings
- Be alert to the health and safety of all campers and staff
- Answer camp emails, phones and other questions as directed
- Support Camp Director in management of camp registration software
- Maintain positive relationships with parents making an effort to
- communicated with them multiple times during the week
- Other duties as required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Knowledge of business and management principles and
- Proficient in relevant software applications
- Customer Service skills
- Intermediate knowledge of boating such as kayaking, sailing
- 2 weeks of full time administrative experience in an organized
- camp or related program
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- 8 weeks of full time experience working with 6-15 year olds
- USSailing, ACA Certifications preferred.
- Basic proficiency in speaking Spanish, Portuguese (and/or Hindi for
MA locations only) Preferred.
- WSI Instructor or Lifeguard trainer preferred
- CPR/First Aid Trainer preferred
- Drivers License
- Red Cross CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard or Equivalent
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
The work required is moderately physically demanding and requires a
medium level of physical fitness. You will be required to do the following:
- Activity Approximate %
- Standing > 2 Hours 80%
- Lifting > 20Lbs. 30%
- Twisting 10%
- Kneeling 10%
- Swimming 5%
- Squatting 10%
I understand that this job description contains important information about
the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am
expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.