The Food Server/ Utility worker is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The server must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company’s standards.
- Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; takes beverage orders. Check patrons’ identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer questions about the menu and takes food orders. Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, and cooking methods. Suggests any menu item.
- Submit food order into kitchen.
- Serve guests their desired entrees in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Maintain pleasant dining experience. Check on guests periodically throughout their meals and attends to their needs. Deliver check and completes transaction making accurate change when necessary.
- Perform clean-up duties after each meal service; and, prepares and sets up for next meal.
- Keep assigned tables clean and properly set up, including vacuuming and arranging tables and chairs.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by Company policy and law.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Touch-screen computer. POS System and credit card machine.
- Restaurant equipment, including trays, cleaning supplies/solutions, washcloths, drink machines, etc.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.