The Snow Sports Instructor provides quality ski/snowboard lessons to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while maintaining all rules and regulations and company policy.
- Maintaining highest level of guest safety on varied terrain in high altitude with varying winter weather conditions.
- Verbally and physically teach students on assigned level of skiing or snowboarding.
- Ensuring students are equipped with proper equipment.
- Assisting guest with transportation of equipment and loading and unloading the chairlift.
- Ability to work with guest at all ages and abilities.
- Be tentative when working with children and ensuring their safety.
- Attend ski and snowboarding training sessions.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Intermediate Ski or Snowboard Ability Required
- No Teaching Experience Necessary
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet and internet navigation.
- Basic mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand cold and wet weather.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.