The Reservations Manager is responsible for the operation of the reservations sales center; oversee reservations, development of reservation personnel. Responsible for reservation activity/production of team to ensure achievement of their goals and objectives.
- Oversee operations of the reservations call center in conjunction with individual unit goals and needs. Assist in planning and developing daily operations for call center; analyzing sales, call volume, conversions and labor. Ensure compliance with established budget, scheduling, supervising and participating in the operational duties specific to the department.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing and directing reservations staff.
- Develop goals for reservations personnel for inbound call volume, chat volume, messaging, outbound call volume and conversion.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the company brand and each individual hotel. Train personnel on brand and individual hotel. Responsible for keeping all training materials up to date.
- Ensure strong working relationship with hotel managers, front desk staff and finance personnel.
- Respond to guest and property (unit) staff inquiries and assist in resolving customer complaints.
- Ensure awareness of individual hotel promotions, social media activities and digital campaigns as well as the hotel’s local market and events. Keep staff up to date on same information.
- Conduct regularly scheduled department meetings for review of operational and standard procedures.
- Provide feedback to hotel managers, when necessary, on critical guest feedback.
- Assist Hospitality Revenue Manager with various reporting and analysis for each hotel when necessary.
- Maintain and ensure a safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of department’s equipment, sanitation, dress and employee hygiene. Notify management of all unusual events, circumstances or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates and vendors.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements Include
- High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of Hospitality Management experience, call center or reservation department experience a plus.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel and Outlook as well as Property Management System (PMS) experience.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people, ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate employee schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communication skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15lbs., occasionally up to 30 lbs (seldom).
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Some local and national travel required.
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others)
- Property Management System. Call/CRM software.
- Reports to: Hospitality Revenue Manager
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.