Emerald Heights in Redmond has openings for Part-Time Dietary Aide positions.
The beautiful restaurants at Emerald Heights, which are managed by Guest Services Inc., are the highlight of the campus. We are seeking applicants with a positive attitude, a love for hospitality and a passion for learning.
We offer competitive wages DOE and free shift meals.
Part-Time Hours: Flexible schedule some weekend days necessary
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check.~
The Dietary Aide assists residents in selection of their meal choices and serves food within the resident’s physician prescribed diet.
- Complies with state and federal regulations governing Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living (Boarding Homes).
- Provides gracious and courteous customer service for residents. Greets residents by name with warmth and respect.
- Takes orders and submits to kitchen. Delivers to residents in a timely manner.
- Monitors tables during the meal. Responds to residents’ requests and needs.
- Completes all assigned cleaning and sanitation tasks.
- Maintains assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Clears dishes from tables during meal service, returns dirty dishes to main kitchen and resets the table for the next resident.
- Obtains food supplies and equipment needed for the next meal.
- Sets up meal trays, food carts, and the dining room preparation for the next meal.
- Delivers food carts.
- Works on the tray-line, initiates tray set-up, and assures accuracy of the prescribed diets.
- Labels, distributes, collects, and sorts the weekly menus.
- Updates tray cards, profile cards and prints nourishment labels.
- Prepares and provides residents with approved food and snack items.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Food Handlers’ permit.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information.
- Ability to understand or learn hospitality, customer service and table service techniques.
- Ability to interact tactfully with residents, family members, visitors and staff.
- Ability to understand or learn how to explain menu and answer questions or refer to appropriate team member for resolution.
- Knowledge or ability to learn therapeutic and texture modification food preparation.
- Regular, predictable and dependable attendance.
- Effective English communications skills including verbal and written.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Grasp plates, utensils and trays occasionally.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens level II.
- Work area is skilled nursing and assisted living communities.
- General work area is well lighted and ventilated.
- Working conditions may involve noise, heat, and changes in temperature, odors and moisture.
- Subject to sudden temperature changes when entering refrigerator or freezer.
- May be exposed to slippery floors while in the kitchen.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents and family members.
- May be required to work additional hours as dictated by the workload and staffing.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.