Are you a grill cook looking for a Monday - Friday job? Are you self-motivated? Are you dependable? If you are, we want you on our team!
Schedule: Full-time; Monday- Friday;5:30 am - 3:00 PM
The responsibility of the Grill Cook is to prepare, cook, and serve food items on the grill and to coordinate with the Executive Chef on all daily and special function menus.
- Responsible for setting up, restocking, and breaking down of the grill
- Responsible for the daily production of meal items and daily menu specials
- Responsible for preparing daily specials, hot sandwich production, and sides to be placed in the hot slide for service
- Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking and tasting, meats, vegetables, and other grilled foods
- Food preparation will include operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding food, and trimming and cutting meat and poultry. Report all malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor.
- Taste food products, read menus, estimate food requirements, check production, and keep records in order to accurately plan production requirements
- Control food production to ensure that extra food products be recycled or disposed of properly to manage food waste
- Responsible for cleaning all equipment and utensils used in the grill prep area
- Responsible for kitchen cleanliness, sanitation, and safety in the grill production area as described by the posted cleaning schedule
- Reports directly to the shift supervisor or Executive Chef
- May be assigned to other duties as required by the Executive Chef and shift supervisor
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Work is assigned orally and in written form; individual must be able to interpret menus and recipes, and be able to follow directions
- Good visual and communication skills
- Ability to record information to the culinary production sheets
- Knowledge of industry standards regarding sanitation
- Willing to be cross-trained in other areas of the work place
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Ability to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
~Qualified candidates must be able to pass a federal background check and be U.S. Citizens.~
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.