Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a Maintenance and Appliance Technician to perform routine scheduled maintenance as well as PM’s and troubleshooting and repair of kitchen equipment at various locations throughout the DC/MD area. Must be willing to assist in other maintenance duties as assigned by management.
This position requires that you be a U.S. Citizen, be able to pass a background check and have a clean driving record.
Primarily responsible for performing Maintenance and Appliance Techician to a variety of commercial kitchen equipment including: refrigeration, air conditioning, electric motors, heating units, heat pumps, hermetic compressors, commercial furnaces, boilers, burners, intake and exhaust fans, economizers and humidifiers.
- Partner with food service managers to offer comprehensive service solutions for commercial cooking, refrigeration, ware washing, and other specialty food service equipment Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Complete Performance Checks on commercial foodservice equipment including refrigerators, ice machines, ovens, fryers, and complete beverage equipment preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, installations and removals.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems as necessary.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of units.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility’s equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record required.
- Ability to understand basic schematics for electrical equipment, plumbing, and buildings.
- Technical experience with refrigeration, appliance repair, kitchen equipment or HVAC
- Ability to diagnose and repair kitchen equipment, refrigeration equipment, and general carpentry.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Relevant technical training, licenses, and/or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA)
- Commercial refrigeration and/or commercial cooking equipment repair experience
- HVAC experience
- Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit or assigned work location.Bend, lift, carry, crawl, climb, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Willingness and ability to be involved with the emergency on-call rotation that includes nights and weekends
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Climbing steps and ladders regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Must wear the correct protective and safety equipment at all times.
- Repair equipment. Ladders, hand tools, volt meter, and power tools.
- Company motor vehicles.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.