Are you a college student looking for intern opportunity? Are you a people-person? Are you detail-oriented? If you are, apply now.
Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a Training & Development Intern who will be responsible for assisting with training coordination and scheduling, administration of departmental tasks, training data entry, and overseeing training compliance. Additionally, the candidate will assist with media creation and training development. The candidate will provide support for special projects and initiatives as needed and will effectively communicate with all levels of the employee population as a representative of the department. This internship is an opportunity to grow and learn about the training and development function at a large corporation, and job responsibilities can be expanded to allow for some exploration in areas of interest to the intern.
The Training & Development Intern will be responsible for:
Support of our video production activities, to include:
- Sorting and labeling media files
- Helping with on-site set-up for filming at different locations in the DC Metro Area
- Low level video editing (We will teach you the basic skills you will need to know.)
- Uploading videos to Brightcove (cloud video storage) and communicating with the webmaster about video titles and descriptions
Support of our training development and department communications, to include:
- Intranet content updates – work with webmaster to communicate updates
- Assisting with the creation and editing of training materials as needed
- Send communications to targeted groups of employees regarding training opportunities or requirements
Key administrative support of the department, to include:
- Creation of the training team calendars and updates
- Help with webinar set-up and basic technical support
- Tracking webinar attendance
- Data entry – Entering all completed trainings into PeopleSoft, scanning attendance sheets, filing evaluation sheets
- Preparing all training materials for upcoming trainings (i.e., sign-in sheets, evaluation sheets, handouts, etc.)
- Handle administration of eTIPS training program, including communications with the field regarding the program
- Review and compile list of employees across units that need specific certification courses or are up for recertification
- Monitor mandatory training compliance and audits
- Schedule travel, accommodations for trainers for remote field trainings
- Maintain Office and Training Supplies
Assist on special department projects as needed, for example:
- Assist with creation and rollout of various projects, to include: GreenLight, StarPath, Transition/Opening Team, Welcome Orientation, Manager’s Orientation, Operator’s Orientation
- Assisting with preparation for LMS implementation
The ideal candidate will have the following Key Skills:
- Detail oriented
- Good written (and verbal) communication
- Team player
- Quick learner
- Interest in learning more about instructional design, video production, and/or public speaking/training facilitation.
- Interest in training and development.
- Proficient with PC and Windows OS
- Experience with Microsoft Office (to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Publishermiliarity with web conferencing tools (e.g. GoToMeeting) preferred
- Understanding of how to use a printer and copy machine
- Familiar with Adobe Premier or Aftereffects preferred
- Should be able to lift up to 40 pounds on occasion
- Ability to pass a background check required
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.