We are looking for a highly motivated Chef. This individual must be a self starter who can interact well with others of all levels. You will need to have the ability to lead a team and strong production skills. If you have the qualifications and the desire, we would love for you to be part of our team.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday
Per the requirements of this position: You must be a US Citizen and be able to pass a background and credit check.
The Executive Chef is responsible for managing the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food in the venue. The Executive Chef must help the General Manager supervise and carry-out day to day operations in the venue. The Executive Chef must also provide planning, direction and control to all employees within the unit; to achieve operating and financial goals, to ensure food quality, and to meet client objectives and/or customer needs.
- Plan and develop menus, and forecast portion specifications to unit. Analyze and cost food items. Ensure compliance with established budget.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, and direct the culinary and utility staff.
- Control expenses. Determine food and supply needs for venue. Maintain inventory control of food and supplies.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene.
- Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in the culinary work of the event to ensure proper production, distribution of assignments, and prompt and efficient preparation of foods. Ensure food quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected need.
- Direct the preparation and cooking of food for the unit.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary or Associate's degree in food service or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in a $1.5 million facility with a staff of at least 15 employees.
- Food Protection Manager Certification. Demonstration of food safety knowledge and sanitation.
- Experience working with staff that is union.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Experience in analyzing financial reports.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Fine dining and catering experience preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Candidate must be able to pass high level government security clearance.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.