Are you looking for a new opportunity? Are you reliable and dependable? Are you detail-oriented? If yes, apply now!
Lancaster Food is hiring for a Food Safety Specialist to assist the Food Safety Manager with the day to day operations in Quality Control and Food Safety. This position will spend a majority of their time on the production floor verifying quality checks, problem solving and auditing GMP compliance.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check and drug test.~
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervising at least 8 Food Safety Techs.
- Create schedule for Food Safety Techs.
- Environmental monitoring.
- Reviewing/correcting Food Safety Techs paperwork.
- Trending monthly reports.
- Select food samples for sensory evaluations and quality control.
- Production trouble shooting/problem solving. .
- Enforcing food safety program, GMP policy, and personal hygiene policy.
- Train Food Safety Technicians
- Responsible for raw product inspections.
- Responsible for quality checks for outgoing products and returns.
- Identify unsanitary conditions in food storage facility.
- Inventory/order supplies.
- Responsible for HACCP verification.
- Handling consumer complaints.
- Adhere to GSFI standards
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Food Safety (or other science) preferred, but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- Must have at least 2 years experience in food processing/manufacturing facility.
- Must be detailed oriented and have excellent follow up skills.
- Strong computer skills to include but not limited to MS Office.
- Familiarity with HACCP, GMP’s, and food regulations.
- Bilingual a plus but not required.
- Must demonstrate basic math skills.
- Must be proficient in reading and writing.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Must wear a hairnet, beard net [if applicable], and a white lab coat at all times in the production part of the warehouse. Must observe all GMP’s and SOP’s.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Lancaster Foods offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.