Are you a Certified Dietary Manager who enjoys working with an older population? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge? If so, this position may be for you. Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a Certified Dietary Manager to join a our team in a newly created position. Please apply below.
Research, analyze, and develop food service nutritional programs to assist in the promotion of health and wellness goals. Oversee implementation of recipe and menu modifications for the client's nutrition program.
- Advise on nutritional principles, wellness programs, and health promotions
- Enhance GSI's program by working with culinary to develop promotions, LTOs, and education material. Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional standards.
- Audit CIC recipes to ensure proper nutrient values are accurate.
- Develop programs to stimulate health and wellness.
- Develop curriculum and prepare manuals, visual aids, course outlines, and other materials used in teaching.
- Make recommendations regarding public policy, such as nutrition labeling, food fortification, and nutrition standards for contract foodservice programs.
- Advise on food purchases in relationship to GSI's health and wellness goals.
- Plan and conduct training programs in nutrition to associates, chefs, and clients/guests (if applicable).
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from a 4-year college or university related to the field.
- RD or RDN required.
- Experience working with an Independent Living, Assisted Living and Continuing Care population.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist clients and coworkers. Ability to problem solve.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to job.
- Experience with or nutrition and recipe analysis software (such as ChefTec, Genesis, NutriBase, or CBoard).
- Excellent organizational skills, able to perform under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, scanner, telephone, among others).
- USDA Database
- US Foods procurement system
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.