Are you an organized, dependable and self-motivated individual who's looking for a new opportunity? If you are, we are hiring Porter in Washington, D.C.
SCHEDULE: Monday- Friday schedule; no holidays!
HOURS: 6:30 AM-3:00 PM
Candidates must be able to pass a federal background check.
The Porter performs tasks related to the setup of catering events, assists in general tasks assigned by management, and performs general housekeeping tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and organization of the facility. In addition, the Porter is responsible for cleaning all dishes, glasses, utensils, pots and pans and related food preparation/serving items and equipment, as well as the service and dining areas.
- Assist in errands assigned by management.
- Assist in the proper movement, placement, care, and storage of banquet equipment and supplies.
- Service assigned areas and set meeting rooms per specification of management.
- Wash dishes, utensils, trays, and cooking supplies using proper sanitation procedures.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds.
- Clean floor area of any spillage of water, detergent and/or food stuffs per safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Fill condiments, utensils, and other supplies with stock as needed.
- Load and unload of inventory from trucks. Stock storeroom.
- Maintain the kitchen, meeting rooms, serving, and dining areas in clean and orderly condition at all times by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, emptying trash, wiping counters and equipment and organizing shelves in order to maintain a sanitary facility and to meet mandated health compliance requirements.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 30 lbs. regularly, 40 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Works in wet and slippery conditions.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas. Ability to work in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial automatic dishwashing equipment.
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401K Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected Veteran status.