Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
This is a seasonal position from April through October.
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
This position is responsible for performing front desk lead, nightly audits, and evening supervisor duties at National Park Inn. Primary responsibility is accurate completion of front desk lead duties in a friendly, safe, and efficient manner, but also assisting other departments as needed, especially the dining room.
As National Park Inn is a small operation, front desk clerks are expected to assist as needed with seating guests in the restaurant, bussing tables, and occasionally assist housekeeping.
Monitor, problem solve, and supervise employees to ensure efficient and safe completion of all tasks in the absence of the General Manager
Monitor guest areas daily for cleanliness
Assist in operations and direction to employees in the dining room, front desk, housekeeping, and gift shop
Responsible for timely closing of all departments
Enforce company policy and standards
Handle guest questions, concerns, and complaints in an effective and timely matter to ensure guest satisfaction
Count cash drawer, receive deposits, and check bank sheets, complete evening audit paperwork by 10:00pm
Assist in upholding company safety and emergency practices to protect guests and employees
Complete all evening front desk duties and assist with evening services
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; secondary education is a plus
- At least one year experience in accounting or similar field preferred
At least one year experience in a customer service related position in the hotel and/or food service industry
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, common sense, and have a very strong attention to detail
Cash handling experience
Computer experience with Windows operating system and MS Office software required
- Knowledge of and experience with PeopleSoft and Visual One software systems preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
Retail, F&B, and Front Desk POS systems including cash register and credit card terminal
Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others); combination safe
Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves