Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Responsible for the waffle station during breakfast buffet hours. Responsible for grouping together and accounting for dining room food orders from cook stations, and garnishing and completing plate presentation. Serves as communication conduit between dining room and culinary staff.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Set up and break down the waffle station with irons, ingredients, and toppings
Make fresh waffles for guests during breakfast buffet hours and maintain cleanliness in the buffet area
Communicate with kitchen on food supply of the buffet
Set up garnish station for plate presentation; stock appropriate dishes and utensils as required
Communicate with pantry and line cooks regarding soup du jour, specials, and “outed” items; relay that information accurately and promptly to dining room staff
Communicate with kitchen porter and utility staff to maintain appropriate dish stock
Ensure proper maintenance, rotation of food products, and cleanliness of work areas
Ensure plates are delivered to correct servers with proper presentation; minimize production waste
Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule; clean station thoroughly after shift
Adhere to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Attend and participate in safety meetings
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Able to coordinate communication with multiple people and stations and maintain proper plate service with easy and accuracy
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe certification; strong sanitation skills
- Possess knowledge of or be able to learn culinary terms and practices; able to prepare basic items by following recipes
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to withstand temperature extremes in freezer, walk-in refrigerator, and cooking areas
- Able to stand for extended periods; exposure to wet floors
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; ability to read work-related documents in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, plates, etc.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove,mitt