Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$13.25/ hr|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Under direction of Manager, provide excellence in the gift shop and food service operations, including a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, cost control, and sales. Complete guest transactions and assist employees with voids, corrections and related situations in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner. Manage the lodge in the absence of the Manager.
This is a seasonal position from early June to mid-September. Sunrise Lodge is a day-use facility on the eastern side of Mount Rainier National Park, with a staff of 14.
Monitor, problem solve, and supervise workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all tasks daily
Assist in training and scheduling of staff
Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner; assist clerks with same
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing sales on register
Maintain store displays daily through stock rotation, cleaning, and organizing
Receive and verify quantities of food stock and merchandise, organize and stock store, set displays
Assist in maintenance of department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- National Park gift shop and/or food service experience strongly preferred
- Able to learn and use POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
- Possess or be able to successfully complete ServSafe Manager and MAST/TIPS certifications
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Food service and retail POS (Point of Sale) systems including cash register and credit card terminal
- Phone system, fax, copier, combination safe
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, gloves, cut gloves, mitts