Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Snow Removal/Maintenance position is responsible for snow removal and winter maintenance for designated Rainier Guest Services areas. Receives direction on maintenance projects, and conducts preventative and corrective maintenance.
Position is seasonal with the opportunity to go longer. Scheduled days are Thursday through Monday.
Dependent on weather conditions snow removal tasks are conducted 5 days a week during hours scheduled by management (typically 8:30 am – 5:00 pm). Work days include weekends and holidays
Snow removal tasks include removing snow and ice from designated walkways, stairs, landings, entry ways, and roofs
During low snow and ice weather conditions, hours and tasks may adjust dependent on needed maintenance tasks
Perform routine maintenance such as painting, carpet cleaning, caulking, winterizing facilities, etc.
Perform corrective maintenance in a safe and timely manner for appliances, equipment, work areas, furniture, etc.
Receive and complete maintenance work orders relating to hotel and housing
Perform duties of the company’s preventative and corrective maintenance under direction of the Chief of Maintenance
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record
- At least one year of general repair experience with plumbing, HVAC, electrical, and/or other general repair skills
- Familiarity with hand and power tools, snow removal machinery, and safety practices
- Must have time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of ergonomics and safety practices during winter conditions and snow removal
- Able to self-manage and work alone
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Frequent movements from place to place within the unit with flights of stairs.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height very frequently. With snow removal, repetitive motions and lifting.
- Lift, carry, and push up to 30 lbs. regularly, 40-50 lbs. frequently, and up to 140 lbs. occasionally with assistance
- Able to stand for extended periods and to climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
Snow shovel, snow blower
Hand and power tools
Refrigeration tools, Boiler test equipment
- Must provide own tools needed for the essential functions
Required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) used: Harness, chemical resistant gloves, goggles, face shield, leather working gloves, safety glasses with side shield, dust mask, safety glasses, chemical resistant aprons, ear muff/plugs, hard hat