Mt Rainier - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Kitchen Manager manages all aspects of the culinary operations at National Park Inn to maintain a consistently high standard of cleanliness and food excellence. Ensure that all foods over three daily meals for Dining Room and Employee Dining Room are nutritious, safe, wholesome, eye appealing, delicious, and meet recipe and food cost specifications. Supervise cooks and utility staff to ensure tasks are completed in safe and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all culinary tasks daily
Train and on-board new staff on safety and procedures including recipes and plate presentation
Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including general manager, dining room staff, warehouse manager, and laundry staff to ensure efficient operation of restaurant and EDR
Ensure that entire department adheres to food safety guidelines including ServSafe and HACCP
Attend and participate in management and safety meetings; conduct regular department meetings
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, food safety logs, inspection logs, and receiving invoices
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary school diploma strongly preferred
- Three years culinary experience in full-service restaurant required; national park experience strongly preferred
- Moderate computer knowledge and ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, POS system
- Possesses or is able to successfully complete ServSafe Manager certification
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical professional kitchen equipment (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others.)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, apron, cut glove, steel mesh, mitts