Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Perform routine daily tasks in a safe and efficient manner to clean the common areas of the employee dormitories at Paradise area, including cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, cleaning lounges and recreation rooms, and emptying garbage and recycling.
This is a seasonal position from late April to late October.
Clean and maintain employee dormitory common areas daily
Dust, clean bathrooms, remove garbage, sort recycling, vacuum, straighten objects such as books and games
Periodically deep clean areas
Periodically assist Residence Supervisor with room inspections
Report needed repairs and turn in lost & found items to Residence Supervisor
Thoroughly clean all employee housing units at the beginning and end of each season
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Housekeeping cart, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies, vacuum cleaner, guest linens, laundry bags
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles, respirator, and dust mask