Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Responsible for all aspects of unit operation and floor management, including merchandise, equipment, and property to facilitate fulfillment of financial goals, company incentives and client standards. Maintain a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, and cost control. Supervise Retail Lead and Retail Clerks to ensure tasks are completed in a friendly, safe and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from April or May to October.
Monitor, problem solve, and direct workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of all retail tasks daily
Train, on-board, and schedule staff
Regularly evaluate store floor visually for stock “holes” and respond appropriately
Communicate regularly and professionally with numerous people including General Manager, Warehouse Manager, and Retail Coordinator to ensure efficient deliver and supply of all retail items
Participate in management and safety meetings and National Park Service inspections
Under guidance of General Manager and Retail Coordinator, participate in and give working direction for pre and post season setup / teardown of gift shops, and maintain store to standards set by Retail Coordinator
Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports
Retail Manager for Jackson Visitor Center has access to and control of safe for both gift shop and food operation
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- National Park gift shop experience strongly preferred; six months retail supervision experience strongly preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and ability including Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and retail POS systems
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Retail POS (Point of Sale) systeme including cash register and credit card terminal, combination safe
- Typical office equipmnet (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner, among others)
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves and goggles