Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Oversee the overnight staffs at Paradise Inn, including lobby, kitchen, front desk, and night security. Receive direction from Front Desk Manager. Ensure excellent guest service is provided.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Respond to guest inquiries and resolve guest concerns and complaints
Perform the duties of relief night audit
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing tasks
Provide assistance to night security in employee and guest related issues
Monitor and post changes to payroll as directed
Gives working direction to night crew to ensure completion of checklists/routine tasks
Ensure morning staff arrives as scheduled and F&B departments are opened on time
Ensure employees are in appropriate uniforms and have name tags
Respond to trouble or fire alarms
Enforce rules and policies to employees within the hotel
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Clerical skills including typing, filing, office machine operations, cash register operation, maintenance of records, and the ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously
- Computer proficiency, especially MS Office software suite
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communication skills
- Must have entry level hotel management experience, prior front desk and/or night audit experience is preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods and to climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Typical office equipment (computer, phone system, fax, copier, scanner), cash register and credit card terminal
- Computer-based hotel reservations system
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: gloves