Are you looking for a new opportunity? Do you enjoying working in a small retail store environment? Do you want to work for a great company with great benefits? If yes, apply now!
We are hiring for a Retail Store Manager who's primarily responsible for operating hands on, sourcing, selecting, purchasing, and merchandising of local retail products offered in three retail stores within Big Sur Lodge. Works in close coordination with the GM and Hospitality Retail Buyer (HRB) in the selection and merchandising of products sourced by the Hospitality Retail Buyer including artwork design specific to the Big Sur Lodge retail outlets.. Monitors and manages department inventories to meet defined revenue goals for each store. Manages database, pricing and cost of sales.
- Promotes the spirit and intent of Guest Services Hospitality Standards
- Meets or exceeds budged revenue and cost of sales targets for all retail units. Develops plans to meet objectives.
- Sources, selects, negotiates pricing and delivery terms, and initiate purchase orders for all locally sourced retail product within prescribed policy to maximize revenue opportunities. Assists and coordinates with the Hospitality Retail Buyer for product sourcing, selection, pricing and delivery terms of line of products HRB is accountable.
- Maintains positive vendor relationships.
- In coordination with the GM, establishes markup percentages to ensure profit attainment based upon budget targets and within the guidelines established by the California State Park Service.
- Maintains computer database and purchasing functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitors product inventory database for accuracy of product description, costs, and quantity on hand.
- In coordination with the GM, directs merchandising and product display within the retail stores. Plans and coordinates store product design layout. Oversees store set-up and openings in respect to product placement.
- Ensures control procedures are adhered to in the purchasing, receiving, storing, pricing, and transfer of all retail product.
- Prepares sales analysis by department on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to monitor cost of sales by sales mix.
- Meets budgeted inventory levels at the close of the season.
- Assist the Accounting Manager, Operations Manager, and Distribution/Procurement Manager in conducting physical inventories.
- Performs any other duties as may be required or assigned.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High school education with some college education preferred.
- Two years direct experience in a similar capacity and position accountability.
- Retail Point-of-Sale and database experience and working knowledge with a preference to or with CounterPoint.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently. Must be extremely organized, accurate, and detail-oriented.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.