Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$11.50/hr |
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The Firewood Attendant sells firewood to park visitors and guests in the Cougar Rock Campground in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and accurately completing sales on daily sales sheet
Submit daily sales and money each evening after shift completion
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Able to work alone with minimal or no direct supervision
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 5 lbs. regularly, 10-15 lbs. frequently, and up to 20 lbs. occasionally
- Exposure to outdoor weather extremes including heat, cold, snow and rain
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Must be able to transport self to and from job site
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: leather gloves