Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
The night Lobby Porter is responsible for keeping public areas of hotel clean, take guests baggage to and from parking lot/rooms, assist front desk clerks in various guest service responsibilities during the overnight hours (approximately 10pm-6pm). Receives working direction from the Night Manager (Paradise Inn) or the General Manager (National Park Inn).
This is a seasonal position from mid May to mid October.
Work overnight shift, approximately 10:00pm to 6:00am
Greet hotel guests and park visitors in a friendly manner, provide information and services including baggage service
Maintain cleanliness of public areas of hotel including dusting, emptying garbage, picking up litter, cleaning public restrooms, sweeping and mopping
Clean windows as needed/requested
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing tasks
Communicate effectively with front desk staff
Clean and mop floors nights
Resolve guest concerns and complaints within scope of authority; refer to management as appropriate
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 20 lbs. regularly, 25-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods and to climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- General custodial equipment including vacuum, mop, broom, variety of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: gloves and goggles